DO you know you can start blogging & make and make lots of dollars? Today I will be guiding you step by step on how it is possible you can start your own blog be making thousand of dollars from blogging , that sounds great right? Yes it is possible I still have many guys who started recently and focused on it and are now making it big from blogging and I know you too can do it as well ,now let’s move on.
Brief introduction to blogging
Before we move on let’s start with what blogging is all about . the word blogging is derived from blog according to bloggingbasics A blog is a frequently updated online personal journal or diary. It is a place to express yourself to the world. A place to share your thoughts and your passions. Really, it’s anything you want it to be. For our purposes we’ll say that a blog is your own website that you are going to update on an ongoing basis. Blog is a short form for the word weblog and the two words are used interchangeably. And one who maintains and updates a blog is called a blogger . now the question how do you actually start your own blog and make money from it ? if you already have a blog you can skip here but if not then let me guide you through on how you can start your new blog.
HOW TO START YOUR OWN BLOG
To start and create your own blog you will need a blogging platform to host your blog ,
What are blogging platforms ? A blogging platform is the software or service that you use to publish your content onto the internet in the form of a blog. A blog platform is a specific form of a content management system.
List of blogging platforms
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform currently powering more than 25 percent of the entire web.
ADVANTAGES OF WORDPRESS.ORG
1. The most popular blogging platform on the web.
2. IT HAS Massive number of designs available.
3. IT HAS Massive number of plugins available.
4. Great community – you will always find someone to help you out with a challenge.
5. No hosting included.
1.It requires good developing skill because it is open source.
2.WordPress.org is fanced by hackers because of its popularity, so you will manage your own security and backup yourself.
Wordpress.com is a Hosted blogging platform built with the WordPress software.
Price. Three plans available: $0 – great for basic blogging, $99 / year – great for professional blogging, $299 / year – great for advanced business solutions.
Hosting included? Yes, you get your site hosted for no additional payments.
Advantages of wordpress.com
• It works very well for Hobby bloggers.
• Anyone who wants to start a blog with no investment at all.
• It also works fine for Professional bloggers.
DISADVANTAGES OF WORDPRESS.COM
1. No plugins.
2. No possibility to install custom themes.
Also knowns as An old-school hosted blogging platform .
Blogger is one of the oldest blogging platforms out there. Currently, it’s run by Google, so all you need to sign up is your standard Google account. Similarly to WordPress.com, Blogger takes care of all the technical heavy lifting, allowing you to just focus on creating content.
• Price. $0.
• Hosting included? Yes, Blogger takes care of hosting your blog for no additional payment.
Advantages of blogger.com
1.you will not spend a dime on hosting
2. You can get a blog started under a minute.
3. Simple interface for content creation.
DISADVANTAGES OF BLOGGER
2. YOU CANNOT ADD NEW PLUGINS
3. it requires coding skills in some part in order to make your blog have a professional look
Tumblr is A hip microblogging hosted platform with a social network aspect.
Tumblr is a great blogging platform optimized specifically for bloggers who want to publish short-form content, such as micro-blogs, quotes, images, videos, and animated GIFs. Tumblr is also a community of users, ready to promote and comment on each other’s work.
ADVANTAGES OF TUMBLR
1.Tumblr is a social networking tool. This means that you gain followers more easily .
2. Tumblr has integrate SEO options. This allows you to track using Google Analytics, or other options to see when someone clicks on your Tumblr ads.
Disadvantages of tumblr
1.If you do not know extra coding you will be stuck using the basic setup with the templates that are available.
2. Lastly, the biggest disadvantage for Tumblr is that everything is on their system, on their server. If something causes their server to go down, your page is going to go with it. That said, large companies like Tumblr don’t usually have problems like that; Tumblr going down would be as likely as FaceBook or Twitter going down.
Medium is A publishing platform for your blog posts, stories and articles.
Medium has grown in popularity a lot during the last couple of years (more than a million people have joined Medium). In short, it’s a community of writers and bloggers, all using the same looking site design to share their opinions and stories on various topics.
Medium only works fine for Writers looking to build their brand. Medium is great to get instant readership for your stories.
Advantages of medium
1. Very easy-to-use interface.
3. No custom designs. Everyone’s profile looks the same
4. Medium has control over your publications.
5. Great typography settings.
The onlyy disadvantage medium is that it has no custom designs and it works well only for story publishers.
Ghost is a downloadable blogging software, and a hosted blogging platform.
The main idea behind Ghost was to make it a simpler version of WordPress … something that would be just a blogging platform, without all the advanced content management features that have been introduced in WordPress recently.
Advantages of ghost
1.Business owners who need a great-looking and optimized website, and a blog to go alongside with ghost.
2. Artists, musicians, photographers, creatives in general who want to blog and also showcase their work in an effective way.
3. it does not requires much coding skills and that makes it good for newbies.
Wix is a User-friendly online website builder and website hosting service.
To say this simply, Wix is basically like Squarespace, but different. It offers similar features in terms of its website-building and blog-building ability, but the execution is of a slightly different style. At wix you host or start your blog starting from the price of Price Subscription-based from $0-$18 / monthly.
Advantages of wix
1 . it is easy to use
2. it has More than 500 designs to choose from.
3. Free plan available.
4. wix has Great support, plus an online knowledge base.
Disadvantages of wix
- wix is Not a dedicated blogging platform.
- only premium user are allowed to use custom domain
- wix places their adverts on your blog
Weebly is a blogging platform with drag-and-drop tools there to create websites. Weebly’s free online website creator uses a simple widget-based site builder that operates in the web browser and because of this all the sites elements are drag and drop. It is one of the best simple blogging platform.
Advantages of weebly
1.Weebly generates mobile screen, thus offering a great mobile experience.
2.The storage is unlimited, which is a bonus to customer.
3.Users are allowed to use a URL of your choice, whether Weebly subdomain or your own custom domain name.
4.They have mobile apps available that offer users the ability to share blog updates and comments on blogs.
5.Supported eCommerce Features Bloggers third party advertising is allowed.
Disadvantages of weebly
1.Back up and modification of weebly site is hard
2. weebly has a lot of limititation of on forum and their blogs
3. weebly is not allowed and blocked in some countries
5. you cannot install softwares on weebly
Jooola is one of the most popular blogging platform which operates similarly like wordprees. To start a blog at joomla you will need to buy a hosting and a custom domain.
Advantages of joomla
1.One of the advantages of joomla is that is user and seo friendly
2. joomla also works pretty well if you want to create a forum site
3. joomla has hundred of template for customization and good looking of your blog
4. it has a lot of extension which you can use to add more functionality to your site.
Disadvantages of joomla
1. joomla has Fewer themes and addons as well because of limited support and community
2. addons are limited to non premium users
3. you are required to backup your blog for security reasons
10. square space
Suare space is also a recognized popular blogging platform which uses dreag and drop features. It is very easy to start with and works well for business owner who want to establish their online presence.
Advantages of square space
- it provide ssl certificate (https) for e-commerce users
- it has a lot of beautiful template you can use to customize your blog
- it is easy to use
Drupal is one of the best blogging platform, which powers 2.2% website on the web and as well one of the best content management system and has many features .
Advantages of drupal
- Drupal is an active community with over hundred thousand users
- it is very easy to use and requires no codings kills.
- drupal has 2,500 themes to customize your blog with a better look and appearance
4.drupal provides you with the installation of forums and community blogs
How to start a blog
Now as we have listed above the blogging platforms which you can create your own blog from now let without wasting much time start with the tutorial on how you can create your own blog . I know some how you might think starting a blog is hard but I want to tell you to just chill it isn’t that hard as you think you can do it since I was able to start mine when I was a new starter like you I believe it is what every one can do . you just have to develop a strong passion for it and it will be very easy for you it’s just full of fun.
Now before you start a blog there are few things you have to consider, that is you need to think about this and the thing is your blog niche.
WHAT IS BLOG NICHE
Your blog niche is is all about what you are going to have as a topic or what your blog will be all about , I think you will understand it better that way, yes that is what blogging niche is all about. Now how to choose your blog niche.
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR BLOG NICHE
You understand the meaning of blog niche now let go to how you can possibly choose your blog niche . before you choose your blog niche there are few things you need to ask your self, the things are what are my good in writing? Yes that’s the question you need to ask yourself and secondly after you have decided to start with any niche of your choice you need to also ask your self , will people be interested In this topic and the third question is, will this topic catch users attention and keep them coming back to my blog . now let move head on how to start your new blog. Now I want to list below how Now I want to list below how you can create and start your first blog I will list both paid and free hosting where you can start a free blog.
HOW to START A BLOG
now before you create your blog you need to decided which hosting you want to create your blog from which is what I want to list below.
As I said earlier blogger is a freehosting provider which is powered by google.
How to create your blog at blogger
Simple visit blogger.com then click on sign-up or you can login if you have an existing email and after you login you can follow the instructions and create you free blog .
WordPress as I said earlier is the most popular blogging platform for creating blogs and websites and it also has varying capabilities for users who would love to start a free blog.
How to create a wordpress blog
To create your wordpress blog visit wordpress.com and follow the instructions and pricing in the introduction page , now let go to the next step.
What is Domain? For you to understand it better the domain and website works as the same , the domain is simply an authoritative name choosen by an individual or company to serve as a brand to represent his blog or website for example our domain here is bloggandseo.com that is just the meaning of domain.
Why you need a domain
You need a domain to make your blog or website more mature and professional .
Types of domain
There are lots of domain extensions on the web but I will only list the top level domain like .com, .net, and .org. Some others are .biz, .info, and .ws. and so many others but these one’s listed above are the common ones.
How to buy a domain
To buy a domain you need to visit a domain registrar’s website let me list the most trusted sites to buy your domain name.
Godaddy is the most popular site on the web to buy domain. To buy a domain from godaddy visit www.godaddy.com
Namecheap is another popular website domain to buy your domain and at a very cheap price to buy a domain from namecheap visit www.namecheap.com
Name.com is another website where you can buy your domain and very cheap too.
As a newbie I recommend you create your first free blog at www.blogger.com but if you need a premium blog you can start at at www.godaddy.com but note that you will need to pay monthy in order to keep your blog running the monthly fee can be as low as 10$ to 15$ monthly.
I appreciate you for taking your precious time to read this helpful article and I believe you grabbed a lot from it am really happy you came here please do drop your comment if you are confused or there is any part you do not understand we are always here and happy to help you out thanks.